The City of Maitland Code Enforcement is responsible for enforcing the Land Development Code (LDC) and working with the Building Official to enforce Building Code violations. Any failure to comply with a standard, requirement, prohibition, or limitation imposed by the LDC, or the terms or conditions of any development order or authorization granted in accordance with the LDC, may constitute a violation. Violations may be reported online or by contacting our Code Enforcement Officer directly at (407) 539-6154.
Examples of specific violations of the Land Development Code include, but are not limited to:
- Develop land or a structure without first obtaining all appropriate development orders.
- Occupy or use land or a structure without first obtaining all appropriate development orders.
- Subdivide land without first obtaining all appropriate development orders required to engage in subdivision.
- Excavate, grade, cut, clear, or undertake any land disturbing activity without first obtaining all appropriate development orders.
- Remove existing trees or vegetation from a site or parcel of land without first obtaining appropriate development orders.
- Disturb any landscaped area or vegetation required by this LDC.
- Install, create, erect, alter, or maintain any sign without first obtaining the appropriate development order.
- Fail to remove any sign installed, created, erected, or maintained in violation of this LDC, or for which the development order has expired.
- Create, expand, replace, or change any nonconformity except in compliance with this LDC.
- Reduce or diminish the requirements for development, design, or dimensional standards below the minimum required by this LDC.
- Increase the intensity or density of development, except in accordance with the standards of this LDC.
- Through any act or omission, fail to comply with any other provision, procedure, or standard as required by this LDC.
Examples of specific violations of the Florida Building Code include, but are not limited to:
- Unsafe structure/minimum housing standards.
- Work without an appropriate building permit.
- Certain violations of property maintenance.
Examples of specific Violations of the Code of Ordinances, which are enforced by the Police Department include, but are not limited to:
- Noise violations.
- On-street parking.
- Criminal activity.