NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
You are hereby notified that the Board of Zoning Adjustment of the City of Maitland, Florida will hold a public hearing. The hearing will be held at 7:00 P.M., Thursday, January 28, 2021 in the Maitland City Hall Council Chambers, 1776 Independence Lane, Maitland, Florida 32751.
The purpose of the hearing is to take public comment, both written and oral, concerning a petition filed for VARIANCE. The applicant requests variances to: 1) Allow columns to remain in the front setback at a height of 30 ¼” to 37” in lieu of the 30” maximum height allowed. 2) Allow pool equipment to remain in the side yard setback, from 6’10” and the piping at 6’ from the property line, in lieu of the required side setback of 10 feet. The property is located in the RS-2, single-family residential district.
The application has been is filed by the current property owners Michael and Erin Lahr, 201 Minnehaha Road, Maitland, Florida 32751.
BEGINNING AT THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF LOT 5, BLOCK E, PACKWOOD SUBDIVISION, ACCORDING TO THE PLAT THEREOF AS RECORDED IN PLAT BOOK D, PAGE 26, PUBLIC RECORDS OF ORANGE COUNTY, FLORIDA, RUN NORTH 70 FEET, EAST 198 FEET POINT OF BEGINNING, SECTION 30-21-30 (LESS ROAD RIGHT-OF-WAY)
The public is invited to attend the hearing and may comment orally or in writing. Interested parties may examine the application in the office of the Zoning Administrator, Monday-Friday, 8:00 A.M-5:00 P.M., 1776 Independence Lane, Maitland, Florida 32751. Questions concerning the notice of public hearing may be directed to the Community Development Department at (407) 539-6212.
Any person who desires to appeal any decision made at this meeting or hearing will need a record of the proceedings and, for this purpose, may need to ensure that a verbatim record of the proceedings is made which includes testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be based. Persons with disability needing assistance to participate in any of these proceedings should contact the City Clerk's office (407-539-6219) 48 hours in advance of the meeting.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
You are hereby notified that the Planning and Zoning Commission of the City of Maitland, Florida, which also sits as the Local Planning Agency and the Land Development Regulation Commission will hold a public hearing. The hearing will be held at 6:00 P.M., Thursday, February 4, 2021 in the Maitland City Hall Council Chambers, 1776 Independence Lane, Maitland, Florida 32751.
The purpose of the hearing is to take public comment, both written and oral, concerning a petition filed for ZONING AMENDMENT PLANNED DEVELOPMENT (PD) – OPTION 1. The application has been filed by Patrick Panza, AICP of GAI Consultants, 618 E. South Street, Suite 700, Orlando, Florida 32801. The current property owner is Michael Niederst of MWAD PHASE II LLC, 423 S. Keller Road, Suite 300, Orlando, Florida 32751.
The applicant requests to rezone property from (PD) Planned Development zoning district to PD zoning to construct include the development of a 385-unit 5- story multi-family residential building (“The Aspen at Maitland West”) and associated site development items on Lot 2 of the Maitland West Planned Development Site.
(PER AMERICAN LAND TITLE ASSOCIATION COMMITMENT BY FIDELITY NATIONAL TITLE INSURANCE COMPANY, ISSUING OFFICE FILE NUMBER 114335.000001, ORDER NO.: 7978035, BEARING A COMMITMENT DATE OF 12/01/2019 AT 5:00 PM, REVISION NUMBER: JUSTIN LIPPARD – DECEMBER 12, 2019 – REVISION NO. 3)
PARCEL 1 (FEE SIMPLE ESTATE)
LOT 2, MAITLAND WEST, ACCORDING TO THE PLAT THEREOF AS RECORDED IN PLAT BOOK 92, PAGES 77 THROUGH 79, INCLUSIVE, PUBLIC RECORDS OF ORANGE COUNTY, FLORIDA.
PARCEL 2 (NON-EXCLUSIVE EASEMENT)
TOGETHER WITH: NON-EXCLUSIVE EASEMENT FOR INGRESS AND EGRESS, UTILITIES, DRAINAGE AND PARKING FOR THE BENEFIT OF PARCEL 1 AS SET FORTH AND CREATED BY THAT CERTAIN DECLATION OF COVENENTS, CONDITIONS, RESTRICTIONS AND OBLIGATIONS BY MAITLAND WEST, LLLP, A FLORIDA LIMITED LIABILITY PARTNERSHIP, RECORDED SEPTEMBER 25, 2015 IN OFFICIAL RECORDS BOOK 10988, PAGE 3875, PUBLIC RECORDS OF ORANGE COUNTY, FLORIDA, OVER, UNDER AND ACROSS THE LANDS DESCRIBED THERIN.
NOTE SHOWN FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY: SUMMIT CENTRE WAY, ORLANDO, FLORIDA 32810-28-21-29-5499-02000.
A complete copy of the submittal documents for the proposed for Zoning Amendment Planned Development (Option 1) may be inspected by any interested person Monday-Friday, 8:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M., in the office of the Community Development Department, 1776 Independence Lane, Maitland, Florida, 32751. The public is invited to attend the public hearing and may submit written comments at or before the public hearing or attend the public hearing to be heard by the Local Planning Agency of the City of Maitland, Florida. Questions concerning the notice of public hearing may be directed to the Community Development Department at (407) 539-6212. The public hearing may be continued to a time and date certain by announcement at this public hearing without necessity of any further published notice.
Please be advised that in accordance with State Law, any person who desires to appeal any decision made at this meeting or hearing will need a record of the proceedings and, for this purpose, may need to ensure that a verbatim record of the proceedings is made which includes testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be based. Persons with disability needing assistance to participate in any of these proceedings should contact the City Clerk's office (407) 539-6219 48 hours in advance of the meeting
We believe that citizen involvement is a key component to making Maitland a great place to live, work and raise a family. Maitland’s City Council and staff provide many opportunities for citizens to get involved in our local government, including the opportunity to participate in public hearings.
WHY HOLD A PUBLIC HEARING?
Public hearings are often required by federal, state or local law. These hearings allow the decision-makers, including the City Council and some of the City’s appointed boards, to receive and consider public views before deciding or making recommendations on important issues that impact Maitland citizens. This process is an opportunity for members of the public to share their thoughts before decisions are made. Below are a few examples of City of Maitland public hearings:
- Amendments to Comprehensive Development Plan (CDP) to change the Future Land Use designation or text of the Plan.
- Requests for Rezoning to change the use of the property or density permitted
- Annexation requests to be part of the Maitland corporate limits
- Amendments to the Land Development Code (LDC) to change the regulations adopted by City Council related to how land may be developed such as zoning requirements, subdivision of land, building appearance, landscaping, signs, parking, and other aspects of development
Notices of all City of Maitland public hearings will be posted on the City’s bulletin board (1776 Independence Lane) and in a newspaper of general circulation as required by Florida Statutes.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT THE MEETING AND DURING A PUBLIC HEARING
When you arrive in the Maitland City Hall Council Chambers (1776 Independence Lane) please feel free to sit anywhere that is not designated for Staff seating. If you would like to speak, you may be asked to complete a public speaker card before speaking. The main purpose of providing this information is to make sure we spell your name correctly in the minutes (the written record of the meeting) and give us a way to follow up with you if necessary.
The Mayor and the chair of the appointed boards serve as the group’s presiding officer. For all public hearings, the presiding officer will call on a staff member to present details about the case, and then allow the applicant, if applicable, to present the case. The presiding officer will then open the public hearing for individuals who want to speak to come to the podium one at a time.
Staff will make their presentation at the podium on the left (Council’s right) side of the Chambers. The public will speak from the podium on the right (Council’s left) side of the Chambers. In order to keep public hearing meetings running efficiently, we ask that you please follow these public hearing guidelines:
- If you have handouts to share, please bring 8 copies, and give the copies to the Staff as you approach the podium. Do not approach Council/appointed boards with the handouts; City staff will distribute the copies for you
- Adjust the microphone on the podium as necessary to ensure it’s at the appropriately height for you
- Speak into the microphone by first stating your name and address for the record
- Be concise with your remarks; it may help to write your comments before the meeting to ensure you capture your important points.
- Avoid repetition; if other speakers before you have already made a certain point, then please don’t repeat those comments.
- You may wish to consider designating a spokesperson for your group; this is the most effective way to relay the points of groups to avoid repetition. The spokesperson may recognize the group by asking them to stand.
- Limit comments to three minutes or less. There’s a timer on the podium. You’ll see a green light the first 2 minutes and 30 second, a yellow light the last 30 seconds, and a red light when your time has expired. The presiding officer will politely interrupt you to remind you that your time has expired and will call the next speaker to the podium.
- Please direct comments to the full City Council/appointed board and not to an individual City Council/appointed board member.
- This is your opportunity to make your comments. The group conducting the hearing will listen and take your comments into consideration; they generally do not engage in two-way dialog during the hearing.
Thanks for helping us ensure a successful business meeting and a productive public hearing. In doing so, please refrain from applauding and speaking from the audience.