License Requirements

If Serving Any Food

If you are planning on serving any food at the Market, you will need an Annual Food Permit from the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. You can apply online at You may also call 850-245-5520. 

If Serving Hot Food or Serving from a Food Truck or Trailer

You can obtain a Mobile Food Permit from FDACS (Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services) or a Mobile Food Service Licenses from DBPR (Department of Business and Professional Regulation) 

  • Call fdacs at 850-245-5520.  
  • Call dbpr at 850-487-1395.

You can also view Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services Division of Food Safety Mobile Food Permit Requirements (PDF) for additional information.

Cottage Law Accepted

The Maitland Farmer’s Market accepts consumable products sold under the State of Florida Cottage Law provided that all requirements are strictly adhered to. City staff will routinely monitor vendors selling under the Cottage Law to ensure that only approved products are made available for sale. If you wish to sell under Cottage Law please see the Cottage Food Operations PDF via the Division of Food Safety.

Additional State Licensing

You will also need to provide any additional licensing that applies to your business. Additionally, you will also be required to have a Tax Receipt from a local county or municipality.