A career in law enforcement can be a rewarding opportunity. It takes dedication and commitment to become a quality law enforcement officer and the Maitland Police Department looks for individuals who are up to this challenge. We are a full-service, professional Agency who work in a modern and progressive atmosphere.
If you are interested in a position with our Department, please read the information provided below. At the completion of reviewing the requirements and any applicable disqualifiers, you may complete an application for employment.
Applicants must meet at least one of the following requirements to be eligible to take part in the application process:
- Be currently employed as a Law Enforcement Officer in the State of Florida
- Be currently employed as a Law Enforcement Officer in another state
- Have successfully completed a law enforcement academy in the State of Florida
- Be currently attending a law enforcement academy in the State of Florida
- Be eligible to attend a basic law enforcement academy in the State of Florida.
The City of Maitland reserves the right to close any job posting prior to the deadline based on the volume of applications received.
The following is a list of some background disqualifiers that are set forth by established rules, policies and procedures. If you meet any of these, you will not be considered for employment.
- Significant omission of information where it is later discovered the candidate could have made the information available
- A serious inability of a candidate to communicate in writing
- Commission of a felony crime within five years of date of application
- Used or possessed any controlled substance as defined in Chapter 893 F.S.S. within one year, the possession of which would constitute a felony offense under Florida Law
- Any illegal delivery of a controlled substance, whether or not for profit
- Five convictions singly or in combination within three years of any traffic violation which demonstrates a pattern of carelessness or driving negligence
- Has not possessed a valid operator's license for more than one year
- Dishonorable discharge from the military
Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Maitland is firmly committed to employment opportunities for all people and continues to fully support equal opportunity policies, before and during employment, for all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, genetic information, marital status or veteran status, or other legally protected status, not job related.
Benefits Package - Sworn Law Enforcement Officer (Full Time)
Full time Police Officer:
Base Salary is $52,416 (2,184 hours annually)
Pay for experienced officers available.
Educational Incentive Pay (for qualified officers) = up to $130.00/month
- 80 hours of Holiday Pay
- 200 Hours of Personal Leave accrued per year
- 80 Hours of Sick Leave accrued per year
- 100% Employer Paid Health Insurance (Employee)
- 80% Employer Paid Dependent Health Insurance
- College Tuition Reimbursement
- Private Pension Plan governed by the State of Florida (NOT FRS)
- 20 years and out at any age or 10 years at age 55
- 5-year DROP
- 3% multiplier